Sunday, August 26, 2007

back to school

tomorrow is my most favorite day of the year.
better than Christmas and my birthday. combined.

all the kids go back to school.

and our house is a cauldron of swirling emotions today.
the kids are excited, dreadful and anxious.
and i share the sentiment.

i am THRILLED they are going back to school.
though i dread having to get up earlier...
do battle to get them out of bed, dressed, fed, brushed and lunches packed.

and this week - of all weeks - a double whammy to scheduling...
hubby has been told - due to a upcoming special event - to expect to put in lots of extra hours.
and my mother in law is having a rather serious medical procedure tomorrow and i have a demo first thing in the morning.

so that puts me squarely on the front line this week. unarmed.

might as well just jump in with both feet and hope to goodness i float...

took sam by to meet her new teacher and slp on friday. she asked me no less than 50 times why she has a new teacher. why does she have a new class? who are her friends in this class?

and thank GAWD there are friends in this class - and it just so happens that these friends belong to two of my favorite mothers.
(little blessings)

i feel for her - the anxiety of starting the year with a new teacher. she had such a GREAT year last year with her previous teacher and slp. and the good news is that she will likely have them again for the next two years.

but for now, she is anxious and excited.
sister and brother are the same.
brand new backs packs are lined up by the dining room table stuffed with all new school supplies.
shiny clean lunch boxes laid out on the kitchen counter.
clean clothes laid out in each child's room for tomorrow.
everyone has new shoes for the first day - new outfits too.

i am already tired just thinking about the upcoming week.

wish us luck!

1 comment:

Ms. Junie said...

From one mom to another, and from a classroom teacher to you the mom--I hope she LOVES her new teacher. I teach..but my son has ADHD--is now 13..but life has not been easy..Though I love him more than I can express. I am glad to have found your blog.